Friday, August 13, 2010

Peace in the Chaos



I live in Chaos, I know that I am not special in this state of busyness, messiness, fun, unpredictability and stress. One of the things I love about blogging is that I can post pictures of only what I want you to see.

County Fair was a blast, as I said I am a Swine leader, and I am so proud of all of my 4H kids as well as my own kids. We had so much fun, everyone was successful in their projects and all the kids, 4Th grade through Senior in High School were helpful and responsible. As a leader and parent I could not have asked for more. That said, it was also exhausting. I have spent several days recovering and trying to get caught up on the house and laundry.
So far I'm still in Chaos. I have so much to do, so much I want to to, so much I should do. I tell myself that I don't HAVE TO do anything, but somethings left undone have dire consequences. How do you keep up with the tedious, when you just want to play?
So to keep up the facade that I am always organized, and keep up with the dishes and mopping, I am showing you the front entry way of my home (Everyone uses the back door, so this area is usually untouched) I recently painted this dresser cream (sorry no before shot)the dresser was my Uncle John's and then mine as a child. I had been wanting to paint it forever. I love it cream. My walls are a light tan.( I can't afford a better camera yet so bear with me). The photo above the dresser is my Husband's Grandparents. I just love her hat. This was their wedding photo and the hat cost 10 dollars. I got the flower frog at least a month ago and today finally put this vintage image in it. (I believe the image is from Fairy Davis). Just this small act of doing something fun for my home has strengthened my resolve to get the tedious done, so I am off to work on the laundry and dishes. Hope you all are finding time for the fun and keeping up with the necessary.

No comments: