Thursday, December 9, 2010

I am not a slug

I have been busy, just not busy blogging.
I bought this little beauty on the day after Thanksgiving from the comfort of my recliner. I just opened it up yesterday and have been playing with it a little.
I am super excited about trying some vinyl, but couldn't find any locally and had to order it
online.

I went out shopping on my own for the first time since the accident (Walmart and Michael's) and think I over did it just a little. It is very frustrating to not be as mobile as I would like.
I am better, it is just taking forever.

I have been decorating very slowly and will have some pics soon. We also got a new cast iron wood stove. Our only source of heat before now has been an electric furnace and we are very excited about the power savings , the beauty of the stove, and the ambiance of a fire on a chilly day. I will have the stove and my beautiful mantle ready soon.


O K so this post is going to be rambling and a little disjointed. Stick with me. This is the new sleeve for my laptop as well as a drawstring bag for my mouse and power cord. I love it. I made it out of and old sweatshirt. Basically I laid the sweatshirt out flat, put my laptop on top and drew a line about 1/2 inch out. I made the "open" back end extra long so that it could be folded in. I sewed up three sides, folded over the open end top stitched, and voila a fabulous lap top sleeve.
My draw string bag is the sleeve turned side ways, with the bottom sewed shut. The top of the bag has and extra wide hem with a small hole on the inside to accommodate the drawstring from the hood .

Finally I have been doing some embroidery. I can also do that from the comfort of my recliner.

I'm off to lunch with my co-workers today. It will be fun to have some girl time and touch base with these wonderful women. ( I work in a Tax office January to April 15). I am also determined to do some decorating. Have a great Thursday and I promise to post again soon.

Pam

No comments: