Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Purse




So here is my first attempt to design my own purse pattern, and I think it turned out pretty good. You may recognize the fabric from the field bag I finished last week. I had enough scraps for my new creation. I am really interested in incorporating my embroidery into my sewing and I am happy with the results on this bag, I would like to make a few improvements before I offer this bag for sale on the Etsy site, but for my first ever pattern design I am thrilled.



My Fabulous Husbands Fabulous Uncle is coming to visit us on Friday. He is a retired Priest from Minnesota, Wisconsin and Texas (depending on the time of year). He has not been to our house for at least six years and we are thrilled at his visit. My wonderful husband was an only child and Father Don is his only living relative. Fr Don is only staying for the weekend, but we will make the most of our time with him. It is also a good excuse to do all that spring cleaning I have been putting off. I needed to get the purse done so I could pack up my sewing dining room and use it to eat in, so I will have to wait at least a week to attempt another bag. So I am off to scrub and shine and will check back in soon.



1 comment:

Tricia P. said...

I remember him! He came out and did the Mass at Daniel's baptism. Where is he living now? My DS John is going to school in Crookston, MN...which is close to Fargo, ND.