Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Bag for Me

Here is my newest creation. I love it so much I am keeping it for myself. This bag is made from a vintage curtain panel that I got at my favorite haunt the Goodwill-as-is Store.

I love the vintage turquoise and oranges, and I even like the way that some of it is sun faded. All of the fabric, clothing and linens are sold by the pound, so I figure the fabric for this bag was less than .50. What a steal. I did have to buy some fabric for the lining, but I got it on sale at Joann's for less than 2 dollars. It is a beautiful turquoise and white floral print. I also put a pocket inside the bag.
The second photo is truer to the colors of my fabric ( I can't afford a better camera yet ) and shows a close up of the pin I made to decorate the outside of my bag. I did put a pin back on the flower so it could be removed when I wash the bag. The center of the pin is a vintage button that I do not want subjected to the washing machine. My husband says it id camouflaged, but I believe that it is subtle and very cute.

No comments: