Monday, May 31, 2010

Finished Field Bag



Woo Hoo!
I just finished this Amy Butler Field Bag, and I love it. I started it in a class at my local quilt shop two or three months ago, and I just got back to it. It turned out great, but I think if I make it again, I will leave off the zipper and put in a big snap. The directions and I don't seem to see eye to eye. I love the fabric, Moda for the lining and Heather Bailey for the floral ,sorry I don't remember what the polka dot is. The shape is really fun, and the piping that I have never done before was a snap. I can't wait to go on an overnight trip and try it out. It is fully lined with four giant pockets, and I know that it will pack well. I am sure I will find many uses for this bag, I am a bit of a bag and purse junkie.
I hope every one had a blessed Memorial Day weekend, full of family, fun and thanksgiving for the great county that we live in, and the many brave Americans who gave their lives to keep us safe and free.
Pam

No comments: