Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Garden and Friends

The iris are beautiful, the yard looks good and the new fence makes a great background. A few months ago a powerful windstorm took it's toll on our fence in the back yard and we decided it was time to replace the old thing. As often happens, it was one problem after another... first the fence, then the I went to get ice cream from the freezer and found it was soup! A week or so after the new freezer was installed, the dryer stopped working. I always think things happen in 3's... so hopefully this is it for awhile.
A friend and I visited another friend in the hospital yesterday. We hadn't seen him in awhile, and it was hard to see the effects of his illness. We visited a bit, prayed with him, and left flowers from the altar at church. It seems that we are at the age when friends and family are suffering illness, disability, and even death. It is sometimes hard and always makes me think of my own human frailty, and that of the ones I love. The garden renews me and gives me hope. The beauty of nature has always been a source of strength and faith.

No comments: